Privacy & Security Your Privacy is important to us...
Open Doors Australia recognises that privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that very seriously.
Open Doors is committed to complying with the voluntary National Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information, developed by the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner in 1998 (see www.privacy.gov.au for more details). We will also comply with any laws introduced to strengthen protections for consumers' privacy. Our commitment to you:
- We will only collect personal information from our supporters with their prior knowledge and consent
- We will only use personal information provided by our supporters for the purposes for which it was collected (for example: mailing information we believe will interest them, prayer alerts, news about persecuted Christians and the ministry of Open Doors, etc.)
- Open Doors will monitor and restrict the amount and frequency of educational and marketing material sent to supporters and allow supporters to remove their name from mailing lists
- We may occasionally supply supporters' personal information to an agency, engaged by us, for the purposes referred to above, but this will always be on the basis that the agency must not use the information for any other purpose and must immediately destroy the information once the task is completed. Otherwise, we will not disclose supporters' personal information to third parties without their consent; nor will Open Doors sell, trade, barter, rent or exchange mailing lists of our supporters to any other organisation
- We will not disclose supporters' personal information to other institutions and authorities except if required by law
- Open Doors is committed to allowing supporters to see and correct information that is shown to be incorrect or outdated. We will provide supporters with a copy of their personal information in our records within 14 days of a written request
- We protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, or alteration by restricting access to our files and database to only those personnel responsible for their maintenance and proper use
- Open Doors has put procedural, physical and electronic means in place to safeguard the personal information of our supporters. Open Doors has also verified the security and privacy provisions of other organisations with whom we provide information about supporters. These include our banks and mailing house.
- Supporters' information is kept both in hard copy and electronic forms. In either case, Open Doors has documented procedures to safeguard this information. Safeguards include storing secure copies and backups.
How to change your details:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption is used when collecting or transferring credit card information via the internet, ensuring a secure environment for the transfer of confidential data from the user's browser to our financial institutions. (This is identified by a key or lock in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window)
If you wish to change or remove your details from our database, or if you have a question, complaint, or concern, please do not hesitate to contact us
or on 02 9451 2999
or at Open Doors Australia
PO Box 6237
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
When contacting us to change your details, please provide the following details:
Open Doors staff will clearly identify themselves when making contact with supporters, and all letters and marketing materials will contain Open Doors' logo and contact details.
Our website uses security encrypted response forms when personal and financial details are required.
The security we use between your browser and our website is 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
To confirm that your browser supports SSL security, you should see a yellow padlock or similar indicator in the status bar at the bottom of your browser.