All travel with Open Doors requires commitment, and submission to our Lord Jesus Christ and those in authority over you.
If you are approved to travel with Open Doors, you will be part of a team with a number of other Christians on your trip. Since often our backgrounds and personalities are quite diverse, we place a strong emphasis on love and unity.
You will also be entering a restricted country, and should be aware of the possible risks associated with this. At this time, westerners are not being arrested, but some have been detained for one or two days. Are you prepared for the consequences? Are you sure the Lord is leading you? The following are general requirements:
1. Ask for confirmation from the Lord. Then, having this, you can claim 1 Thessalonians 5:24, "He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."
2. You must be team orientated. We are looking for people willing to serve and to respect the authority of the designated team leader. In these countries, difficult situations can arise which require difficult decisions. Success or failure of a trip can depend on the way you respond to the instructions given by your leader.
3. If you are looking to go on a Courier/Delivery Trip, you must be a person who is committed to one task and that is, to deliver Bibles and other spiritual books. We do not go to these countries to evangelise. However, opportunity may arise to share the Lord Jesus after the Bibles and other spiritual books are delivered, but this is up to the team leader and would be done in a low key fashion.
4. You must be at least 18 years old. Those under 18 years of age can travel but must travel under the care of a parent or guardian while on the trip. If you are over the age of 65, you will be required to obtain a Doctor’s Certificate stating that you are fit to travel.
5. You will need to have a current passport. Please be aware that it can take 10 days to 2 weeks or more to process a passport and have it returned to you in the mail, so apply early.
6. We believe very strongly that if God decides, He provides; we know this from experience. If you do not have the finances needed now, do not let it stop you from applying; we will stand with you in prayer and see our Lord provide.
7. Maintaining confidentiality. This cannot be over-emphasised. Only give close Christian friends and family the general plan so that they can pray for you and the trip.
8. Sacrifice - yes; it will cost you time, money, prayer, and leaving family and friends.
9. You will be required to sign a "Deed of Release" (which is a legal document) and a "Letter of Understanding" absolving Open Doors from any legal responsibility resulting from any accident, imprisonment or fines incurred whilst undertaking this type of ministry.
See where you can travel in 2014!