What can I do as a Champion? What can you do? Something... Below are ideas of how you could be involved by becoming an Open Doors Champion.
One on One
The easiest people to reach are those in our immediate circle; talking to your friends, family and neighbours is a great place to start. Your passion is infectious! We can use newer technologies like blogs and social media as great ways to raise awareness. Corporately
There are many and varied ways that we can present to an audience, be it a small group, a church or our local rotary club. We want to equip you to be able to put together a strong presentation that will engage your listeners, and convey your passion. Regionally
You could share yourself or even put together a program and request Open Doors to supply a speaker. We also want people to be our representatives in their local church, working to ensure that the message stays on the agenda and fresh. You could use prayer requests that align with current news items, including regular updates in Church bulletins, and organising a regular book table at the church.
These are just some of the ways you can be a Champion in your local environment.
We are looking for people who could take on the responsibility to represent Open Doors in their region. This region will be determined through consultation. Tasks could include:
- Recruiting a team
- Holding regular training sessions
- Developing a plan to saturate your area with the message of the Persecuted Church
- Oversee and motivate church representatives and prayer group coordinators in your region
- Conducting regular team meetings to ensure that people are aware of the latest events happening overseas and in their region
- Organise meetings for your Area Manager, when they visit your area
- Assisting the area manager at these meetings by running the book table and handing out materials such as subscription forms
- Visiting different congregations and groups in your region and inform them about the needs of the Persecuted Church
- Organising prayer meetings in your area and informing them about current situations faced by the Persecuted Church in different parts of the world.
- Running exhibitions at events in their area
- Handing in reports for every meeting where you represented Open Doors