Terms And Conditions
Open Doors Australia recognises that privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that very seriously.
We are committed to complying with the voluntary National Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information, developed by the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner in 1998. We will also comply with any laws introduced to strengthen protections for consumers' privacy. As of 12 March 2014, there has been a change in the new Privacy Regulations; these principles are now called the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). It replaces the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) that applied to some private sector organisations. For more information and a copy of the APPs visit www.oaic.gov.au
We also are committed to complying with the Spam Act 2003. For a copy of the Spam Act 2003, visit www.acma.gov.au
Our Commitment To You
- We will only collect personal information from our supporters with their prior knowledge and consent.
- We aim to have an open and transparent management of personal information.
- We will only use personal information provided by our supporters for the purposes for which it was collected (for example: mailing information we believe will interest them, prayer watch emails, news about persecuted Christians and the ministry of Open Doors, etc).
- We will monitor and restrict the amount and frequency of educational and direct marketing material sent to supporters and allow supporters to remove their name from mailing lists.
- Examples of the types of information commonly collected include but are not limited to: Name, age, contact/mailing details.
- Where possible, information is collected directly from the individual.
- We allow individuals to act anonymously or to use pseudonym where it is practical and lawful to do so.
- We may occasionally supply supporters' personal information to an agency, engaged by us, for the purposes referred to above, but this will always be on the basis that the agency must not use the information for any other purpose and must immediately destroy the information once the task is completed. Otherwise, we will not disclose supporters' personal information to third parties without their consent; nor will we sell, trade, barter, rent or exchange mailing lists of our supporters to any other organisation – in Australia or internationally.
- We will not disclose supporters' personal information to other institutions and authorities except if required by law.
- We are committed to allowing supporters to see and correct information that is shown to be incorrect or out-dated. We will provide supporters with a copy of their personal information in our records within 14 days of a written request. C/- Open Doors Australia, PO Box 734, Penrith NSW 2751
- We protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, or alteration by restricting access to our files and database to only those personnel responsible for their maintenance and proper use.
- We have put procedural, physical and electronic means in place to safeguard the personal information of our supporters. We have also verified the security and privacy provisions of other organisations with whom we provide information about supporters. These include our banks and mailing house.
- Supporters' information is kept both in hard copy and electronic forms. In either case, we have documented procedures to safeguard this information. Safeguards include storing secure copies and backups.
- We will retain personal information for an appropriate period as determined by us and/or as required by law and when no longer needed, it will be destroyed by a secure means.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption is used when collecting or transferring credit card information via the internet, ensuring a secure environment for the transfer of confidential data from the user's browser to our financial institutions. (This is identified by a key or lock in the status bar at the bottom of the browser window)
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our sites.
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites.
- We may use third-party software to send marketing communications to contacts who have provided consent to receive marketing communications. This third-party software may use “cookies” to track email activity by automated means. This service allows us to send you relevant, tailored information that best suits your interest.
By opting-in to receive Open Doors emails you’ll receive the latest news, updates and prayer emails. You can manage your preferences or unsubscribe from our emailing list at any time by clicking ‘preferences’ or ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of email communications we have sent you. Alternately you can contact us using the details below.
How To Change Your Details
If you wish to change or remove your details from our database, to add or opt-out of marketing communications, or if you have a question, complaint, or concern, please do not hesitate to contact us via:
Use our General Enquiries form
Sydney: (02) 9451 2999
Melbourne: (03) 8609 1918
Brisbane: (07) 3077 7460
Open Doors Australia
PO Box 734
Penrith NSW 2751
When contacting us to change your details, please provide the following details:
- Your name
- Current address/phone/email
- New address/phone/email
Open Doors Australia staff will clearly identify themselves when making contact with supporters, and all letters and marketing materials will contain the Open Doors Australia logo and contact details.
Our goal is to always send your funds to the cause or region you have indicated an interest in supporting. In some cases these regions and projects can be fully funded. When that's the case, to avoid your donation sitting in a suspended donation fund, we reallocate any extra funds to where most needed worldwide.
Our website uses security encrypted response forms when personal and financial details are required.
The security we use between your browser and our website is 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
To confirm that your browser supports SSL security, you should see a yellow padlock or similar indicator in the status bar at the top or bottom of your browser.
Shipping & Returns
We process all donations and store orders in Australian Dollars ($AUD). Prices: 1 item, or a total price less than $20 = $7.50 shipping, 2 or more items, and a total price more than $20 = $15 shipping. Some items have free shipping. We only ship to Australian addresses. Shipping costs will be added to your order before you checkout, Orders are dispatched within 3-5 business days and shipping times are estimated at between 3 and 7 business days depending on your location.
If you have an enquiry or complaint about Open Doors Australia’s compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the aforementioned contact details.
Thank you for your support as we serve the persecuted church together.
Updated 13 June 2018